Friday, April 11, 2014

Beauty and Brain Smoothie

A few months back I went on a health kick in which I followed a vegetarian/clean eating only lifestyle.  This coming from a woman who once felt passionately about bacon needing to be its own food group.--was a stretch.  One of the worst arguments I've had with my hubs was when he tried to tell me how to cook #jimmydean sausage.  10 years later and my infamously ridiculous statement still hits a nerve : "don't tell me about pork, my family has been making sausage for over 500 years!!". 
I'm no longer strictly vegetarian but I have stuck to my daily regime of a healthy smoothie, and split it with my 11month old baby girl. Even at a very early age I think little babies can appreciate self-care.  This smoothie is fantastic for both health and beauty.   It Helps make your skin shiny, hair silky, nails grow just a bit stronger, and your digestion stays right on track.  Hence, the name, and honestly none of my boys like Avacado so it's "a girl thing" in our house.

 I get the whole juicing thug, but with smoothies I use the entire fruit/vegetable and it's delish!  The key here for health and taste is to incorporate one veggie, one fruit, and a health boost of grains or vinegar.  This one is my favorites right now, packed full of healthy omegas, fiber, and protein.  All vital elements to nutrition and brain development.  I blend it the night before, takes me 10 mins to prep and then the morning goes as smooth as silk. 

"Beauty and brain" smoothie ingredients(makes 2 7oz smoothies)
1 small avacado
1tablespoon chia seeds
2 cups spinach
1/3 cup any organic juice of choice (can use water in place of)
1/3 cup of yogurt (optional #yobaby is my favorite brand)
1tsp agave nectar (optional)
#beautysmoothie




1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy, Lindsay! So cool that C likes it too! You're getting the hashtags done! ^5!!

    ReplyDelete