Sunday, April 20, 2014

Our little peanut turned ONE this weekend!!!

Another wonderful, busy, fun weekend.  We celebrated my baby girl's 1st birthday, enjoyed the Easter holiday, held another social skills group at my practice, and finished up sowing my seeds in the garden.  I love doing kids' birthday parties.  This time I actually had a choice among all things pink and frilly.  Well, I couldn't choose and sometimes the best stuff comes from a hodge podge--hence elephants and tutus.  I got most everything for the party either from the Dollar Store or the Goodwill.  The Tulips are fresh from the Tulip Festival going on right now in Mt.Vernon, WA---if you've never heard of it, you should check it out.  Eye candy for miles.
The cake was a work of art and the Little lady chowed down.  I don't know many cake artists that could whip out an "elephant wearing a tutu" with a little over 2 weeks notice.  Not only was it adorable, the vanilla bean cake was delish with cream cheese frosting.  Baking is a talent I do not possess and luckily for me I always find people that are the best of the best.  Pink Confections out of Marysville, WA did this little beauty for my special girl. 
I've mentioned before prior to my daughter, our large family is very skewed to the masculine side.  Thus, this whole notion of a very girly birthday took a toll on some of the guys who by the end of the night caved in.  They not only tried on the tutus, but actually willingly posed for pictures. 
 

2 comments:

  1. SO funny! The guys really got into the tutus--complete with a magic wand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Cora is a year old already--where did the time go?!

    ReplyDelete